Re: srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:21:44 -0500

Yes, it is offline.
Yes, we have removed all dependencies.
Yes, we tried crs_unregister.

We also tried srvctl with the force flag, which had the strange side affect of removing the warning messages from all subsequent calls of "srvctl remove asm" without the force flag, even though the service is not removed.

I sure wish "force" would be more forceful. =)

I am tempted to start from scratch; we have done that several times now and have a pretty good system worked out. I was hoping to avoid doing that in an effort to learn about this dastardly little problem and how to avoid it in the future. One thing about RAC, it is definitely a learning experience and comes with a package full of on-the-job training.

--
Charles Schultz