10gR2 RAC on AIX shared disk device names issue

From: Venkata Giri PG <dbagiri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:36:42 +0000

Hi,I am in the process of setting up 2node RAC with the following components:Oracle 10g R2 RACOracle ClusterwareAIX 5L 5.3HP StorageASMFollowing are shared disks for storage:on Node1:/dev/rhdisk10 -- for voting disk/dev/rhdisk11 -- for OCR/dev/rhdisk12 -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk13 -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk14 -- for ASMon Node2:/dev/rhdisk10 -- for voting disk/dev/rhdisk11 -- for OCR/dev/rhdisk15 -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk16 -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk18 -- for ASMShared disk names are not same accross my nodes.we have created new common device name file for non-common disks dev/rhdisk12-14 & /dev/rhdisk15-18.new device names are : rac_dsk1, rac_dsk2, rac_dsk3I am able to access these disks rac_dsk1-3 using dd command.But Cluster verfication utility fails with error ERROR: /dev/rac_dsk1 Storage operation failed.I have used the following cluvfy command../cluvfy comp ssa -n node1, node2 -s /dev/rac_dsk1,/dev/rac_dsk2 Are there any known issues with cluvfy? Is it possible to use shared storage with different device names during ASM instance / Disk group creations?ThanksVenkata Giri

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01