RE: Collapse partitions in 9i - What all options do i have?

From: Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM) <john.hallas_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:50:05 +0100

"Tried checking if Export/Import will help but i dont think this will"

Wondered about this so tested (using 10g not 9i) and create table compact as select * from partitioned_table definitely collapses partitions.
No 9i to test it on.

. The data so far i have gathered is this:

  1. Online Redefinition is possible - But we do not have Primary keys - Can we do with ROWIDs? If yes, how?
  2. ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION can be feasible - But i am not much aware of this option?
  3. Tried checking if Export/Import will help but i dont think this will.