Re: vmware & Oracle

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:27:37 +0300

BTW here is a recent forum entry for the very same topic as interpreted by Justin Kestelyn, OTN Editor-in-Chief http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=534687&tstart=0

<Question>
Hi,
I'm DBA and my company asked me to demonstrate VPD and proxy authentication of Oracle database EE 10.2 . I need to learn these things and test some examples described in documentation . May I for these purposes install on my notebook 10.2 EE database downloaded from OTN under Development license ? XE doesn't contain these features :)
Is the trial period restricted to 21 days ? regards
Janus
</Question>

<Answer>
Yes, any software download from OTN can be used for testing/evaluation/development purposes indefinitely. </Answer>

Nice, ehh?

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu