RE: vmware & Oracle

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:06:15 -0400

Hmmm...I went looking at the Oracle site for Oracle Partner Network to find out exactly what you get for joining and could not understand exactly what they are offering. Somewhere in there I am guessing there is software support. We would certainly be willing to pay an annual fee to be able to create some more development environments but we can't afford to pay any more full license fees.

Can somebody explain what you get for your annual license fee? Beyond the cachet of being able to call ourselves an Oracle Partner, something a government entitity may not be able to do, I want to know what we are going to get. If development environments is it then thats the way to go. An additional logo on our business cards won't be enough.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Closson, Kevin A Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 7:16 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: RE: vmware & Oracle

Because a company that writes software to sell might not be willing to pay for Oracle licenses just so their application will work with it, but Oracle will stand to make many more sales if that software product becomes popular.

...that is precisely what the Oracle Partner Network is for. Anyone that sells a product that works with oracle but isn't willing to pay to play is just plain wrong. My opinion and I'm sticking to it.