Re: vmware & Oracle

From: Neil Overend <neiloverend_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:51:11 +0100

After reading the actual licence terms (which I should have done earlier :-) the development licence does sound much more restrcitive than I thought, The phrase

"All software downloads are free, and each comes with a Development License that allows you to use full versions of the products only while developing and prototyping your applications."

does sound a bit misleading to me, when compared to the details

> "You may not:
> [ text deleted]
> - continue to develop your application after you have used it for any
> internal data processing, commercial or production purpose without
> securing an appropriate license from us, or an Oracle reseller;"

I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't actually read the details (me included), i should be more careful in future, good job licencing's not part of my job role :-)