RE: vmware & Oracle

From: Closson, Kevin A <kevin.closson_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:52:49 -0000

"Maybe Kevin or someone else will correct me, but my understanding of the "Development License" is that it only applies as long as you don't use your application for any production purposes or give/sell it to anyone else."

I'm not a lawyer either, of course, but if I was making money in any way based on an installation of Oracle that I downloaded from OTN with that License Agreement, I'd not sleep well at night. Oracle has the Oracle Partner Network with varying levels of participation so there are plenty of ways to use Oracle software for profit purposes other than that OTN download. But hey, who am I?