convert ASM to single-instance

From: Jeremy Paul Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:09:28 -0500

anyone know how to convert ASM back to single-instance? i've relinked with rac_off, removed the clusterware with rootdelete.sh, triple-checked init+ASM.ora (no mention of cluster_database), and rebooted for good measure - but every time I try to start ASM, I still get this error:

SQL> startup
ORA-29701: unable to connect to Cluster Manager

couldn't find anything on metalink, in the docs, or on the net... but maybe i've missed something?

-Jeremy

--

Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL