RE: Changing service auto to manual via batch

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:28:57 -0600

This reminded me of a nice use I discovered for the 'sc' command while working on windows. I was in an environment with many databases on a single server (sometimes over 10) and I couldn't figure out which "oracle.exe" process in Task Manager mapped to which database. A little frustrating at times, to be sure. However, the sc command will return the pid of the service and that makes it easy to map back.

To wit:

U:\>sc queryex oracleservicexe

SERVICE_NAME: oracleservicexe

        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
        PID                : 2144
        FLAGS              :

U:\>

-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of J. Dex Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:04 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Changing service auto to manual via batch

Is there a way to change the "running services" status in the "Services"

window from Automatic to Manual via a batch script? I have a batch script
that uses oradim to shutdown/startup my 9207 databases on a WIN2003 server but don't know how to change the status from automatic to manual in the event the server administrator wants to reboot the machine a couple of times
before I have the databases restart. My oradim command in the batch job
looks like this:

oradim -shutdown -sid dbsid -shutmode I -shuttype SRVC >> %BASELOGS%\oracle_shutdown.log

http://newlivehotmail.com

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 12:28:57 CDT