RE: PRO*C compiling AIX 5.3

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:57:32 +1000

Hi Brian

I would definitely relink your oracle installation. You would have been much better installing the oracle software to your the oracle home you wanted from the installation material and then applying the appropriate patches from Oracle to bring that installation up to your database patch level and then if your paths stayed the same you could copy the data files but a backup and restore would be as good.

This might be considered an invalid installation and if you have problems with your database Oracle might just want you to reinstall it at some later date, probably better to do things right now

Cheers

Peter