latch: cache buffer chain with negative address value

From: A. Coskan Gundogar <gundogar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:23:17 +0300

Hi all.

We have 2 node RAC machine on HP/UX Itanium (10.1.0.4)

Sometimes we see some queries suffer from *latch: cache buffer chain* event. problem is mostly accessing same block concurrently.
**

When I take 10046 trace for the queries I always see negative values for P1 value of the wait event.

*WAIT #9: nam='latch: cache buffers chains' ela= 1
p1=-4611686000696528624 p2=116
p3=0

*when I change this value to hexadecimal (both negative and positive) to use
as an input to *hot blocks* script ( *metalink (163424.1)*), zero rows returns every time from the script.

what should I do to find the hot blocks ??? Am I hitting a bug ?

--
A. Coskan GUNDOGAR

Oracle DBA

http://coskan.wordpress.com