Re: character set confusion

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:19:14 -0500

I'm currently doing something similar. Our database is USASCII7 and we're now seeing records being loaded with some Western Euro characters (accents and tildes). csscan reports them and the migration utility won't run until they are cleaned up. Especially fun is that some of those chars are in the data dictionary now as part of column histograms (thanks to the default GATHER_STATS_JOB in 10g).

Then we plan to migrate to WE8ISO8859P1.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
oracle: http://ora.seiler.us