Re: global sequence as unique identifier across multiple databases

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:49:41 +0300

One of the scenarios is to simply start sequence with increasing (+1) value for each system and use increment by (total count of systems + some overhead for future systems).
So for example you have 3 dbs, the sequences for each system would be as follows

create sequence seq start with 1 increment by 10;
create sequence seq start with 2 increment by 10;
create sequence seq start with 3 increment by 10;

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu