Re: oracle RAC on 1 ethernet

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle can use only one IP for its private network and one for the public network (not counting the VIP that it lays on top of the public interface). So, if you want redundancy or trunking for either of those two networks, you need to do that in the OS and "hide" it from Oracle. On Solaris, you'd likely need to consider IPMP (IP MultiPathing) for that configuration. I believe that you'll find notes on Metalink related to IPMP (sorry, I can't look them up right now).

Dan

all,

on solaris, we can create another "virtual IP" at OS level, can it be made for private interconnect in oracle rac 10g?

--

regards
ujang

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 18 2007 - 01:37:21 CDT