Re: Oracle on Windows 2000 AS with /3GB flag

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:22:05 -0400

On 7/16/07, Richard Saints <saints.richard_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to you all,
> I'm planning to activate the /3GB flag on a Windows server running Oracle
> Database, in order to extend the memory that can be used by Oracle.
> The server has the following characteristics:
>
> HP Proliant DL380
>
> 2 x Pentium Xeon 3,2 GHz
>
> 4 GB of RAM
>
> HP Smart Array SCSI controller
>
> 2x36GB SCSI RAID 1 internal discs with 2 logical drives:
>
> C drive for OS
>
> D drive for Logs
>
> 4x146 GB SCSI RAID 5 internal discs with 1 logical drive:
>
> F drive for data

4x146 GB SCSI RAID 5 internal discs with 1 logical drive:

F drive for data

Nuke that and re-create it as a 4 disk RAID 10 volume. Choose 128 KB for the stripe size.
What is the db_block_size for your database(s)? How many database instances will this server support?

Paging size on C drive (2048-4096)
> SO: Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4

MS wk2 server is pretty much off of hotfix support as of last July.How about nuking the entire deal and installing w2k3 server release 2?

Paul

The Oracle SGA Target is 1336 MB