RE: Hi,

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:02:41 -0400

We've always been on a unix platform, so getting and setting up an odbc driver was a pain. Then, there were always issues with getting the SQL right between the two platforms. We switched to making the SQL Server folks push to us. It's a lot easier for them to set up their gui's. It must be easy because the last SQL Server person to do this for us insisted that SQL Server Replication had nothing to do with inserts/updates/deletes because it's replication not DML.
Of course, lack of binds is a problem. I'm sure they can fix it on their gui but somethings I live with. If it gets too bad, I'll just set up an alter session logon trigger.
Now, I haven't used the gateway for a number of versions, so it might be easier now.