Re: Standard Edition standby database

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:58:39 +0400

Hi,

One warning about copying the current controlfile:

There was a bug (not very critical and thus a good candidate for the reinvention in a version or two timeframe :-)). The bug was related to the checkpoint number(s) in the controlfile and datafile headers. That number may be different due to incremental checkpoints on the primary which are absent on the "standby". So in some cases in was not possible to open the database with such a copy of current controlfile from production database.

The walkaround is trivial - recreate the controlfile.

My 2 kopejka

Andrey

--
Disclaimer: Opinions are of my own and not necessar[-il]y...