RE: Oracle RAC private Interconnect

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

Bill

  What I am referring is Metalink Doc 316583.1. where VIP uses calls to determine if IP address is valid or not and take IP address like 192.168.* or 10.10.*. as non-routable. and hence VIPCA is not invoked when we execute root.sh on first node. Anyway it is not error except that we have to run Vipca manually

  Tx
  Sanjay

William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu> wrote:

      Sanjay,

  You mention a bug due to IP addresses. I am wondering if you could provide details on that bug as I am currently encountering difficulties with a CRS installation and wonder if it might be relevant.

  Thank you.

  Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:45 AM
To: Kerber, Andrew W.; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Oracle RAC private Interconnect

  Andrew

  YEs that is fine as it will be done after clusterware is installed manually if not invoked by Clusterware installed as there is bug due to IP addresses. My concern is to get information about the Bonding and multipathing. I am searching for some information on Google and I appreciate if you have any link and advice on this setup.

  Sanjay

"Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com> wrote:

      @font-face { font-family: Tahoma; } @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } P { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } SPAN.EmailStyle18 { COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } You also have to set up the virtual ip, which is what is used in the failover. Run vipca. Also, be sure and run cluvfy