RE: Oracle RAC private Interconnect

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:42:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Julio

  Can you correct me as it look like Bonding is term used in Linux and it will be IP multipathing in Solaris.

"QuijadaReina, Julio C" <QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu> wrote:

      Hello Sanjay,

  Have you looked into using IP Multipathing? We are not a Solaris shop. But I have seen docs on the web (Google is your friend) on how to configure it. You would need to run vipca and cluvfy to make sure IP Multipathing works and is a supported option with Oracle 10g.

  Julio

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 12:03 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle RAC private Interconnect

  It is recommended to use two Gigabit Switches for RAC Node Interconnect communication to provide Redundancy and performance. Is there any setup required on beside configuring two interface like eth1 and eth2 and then specifying them in RAC cluster installation PRIVATE Interconnect screen.

  I am just trying to understand that how the failover or redundancy is achieved if I unplug one of the Cable on one Node. Is it been configured by RAC clusterware or I had to tell something to sysadmin.

  Also how performance is achieved in using two Switches.

  I am currently having 10g RAC on sun SOlaris 10 with one Gigabit Switch for QA environment and planning for Production hardware requirements.

  Also If I use Oracle 10g ASM for Storage and RAW device for OCR and Voting Disk. I am using EMC with Two SAN switches and so 2HBA on each Node. Anybody has any doc for Multipathing with EMC. My concern is that both nodes see the RAW Device LUN as well as ASM luns as same and two HBA should provide the high availability when I will remove one of the HBA

  Thanks
  Sanjay