Re: How to find various Oracle Installed in Aix

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:17:57 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Everybody and Find command has given me lots of Oracle version. One of the Reason for finding is that we have one Oracle 8.0.6 production Database which we are planning to upgrade to 10g and as we don't have the software and even not found on otn site. So I decided to check this old dev server.

Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com> wrote:   If all else fails,

find / -type f -name oracle -ls

 ... and go have a cup of coffee, or two :)

Stefan

  On 7/12/07, Sanjay Mishra < smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote: I got one AIX server where I want to check as what are the Oracle installed in it. Is there I can get this information from any Log. There is not oratab in /etc or /var/opt/oracle. Is it possible with OraInst.loc. Anyway I am even not sure that OraInst.loc was ever removed for any new installation as this is Dev Server which is not good practice.

  I can check the Version details once I know where is the ORACLE_HOME using inspdver[ Oracle 7 or 8] or unix.rgs[8i or 9i]etc.

  The challenge is to find out various Oracle Installed on the Server.

  TIA
  Sanjay

Stefan P Knecht
Consultant