Re: How to find various Oracle Installed in Aix

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:16:15 -0700

On 7/12/07, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got one AIX server where I want to check as what are the Oracle
> installed in it. Is there I can get this information from any Log. There is
> not oratab in /etc or /var/opt/oracle. Is it possible with OraInst.loc.
> Anyway I am even not sure that OraInst.loc was ever removed for any new
> installation as this is Dev Server which is not good practice.

YAWTDI: If AIX has fuser and nmap, you can check the ports in use in the 1500-1599 range
and see what is running on them.

Using localhost should help you fly under the radar...

for p in $(nmap -sT -p1500-1599 localhost | grep 'tcp open'| cut -f1 -d\/) do

        for p2 in $(fuser -n tcp $p)
        do
                ps -fea | grep $p2 | grep -v grep
        done