Re: 11g Launch

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

I don't recall a particular month being mentioned, but if you take Oracle's financial calendar into account, "this quarter" actually ends at the end of August, so maybe that's what they meant by "this quarter". Of course, it's all speculation and as anyone in Oracle development will tell you, the only certain release date is when you see the bits hit the OTN and Edelivery sites.

DIV {
MARGIN:0px;}

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone on this morning's launch presentation say the Linux version would be available in August. Can anyone else confirm if I heard that correctly?

From: Dan Norris
[mailto:dannorris_at_dannorris.com]

They
said that they expect to have the Linux platform (didn't specify 32 or 64 bit) by the end of this quarter, which probably means about October.