Re: Standard Edition standby database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:57:18 -0600

I don't have a problem switching logfiles. I get the errors when I issue the command
"alter database commit to switchover to standby with session shutdown;"

I'm thinking that when you have SE, you're not allowed to do the switch because you can't define a log_archive_dest_n. Poked around some more and found a document "Graceful Switchover and Switchback" for versions 7.3,8.0, 8.1. It might be what I need to do. Haven't read the entire doc yet though.

How did you do a graceful switchover on your SE databases? What about a failover?

Sandy