RE: Question re CRS installation and Redhat Linux Versioning

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:11:33 -0700

Kevin et al,

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I forgot to specify that explicitly in my original post, both clusters are 32-bit. I will check the various references and no, they haven't suggested running srvctl with debug on although they have asked for traces of everything else. I will admit I have learned to trace practically everything the CRS does, now if I could only find the meaning of most of the messages in the trace files I'd be set. The sysadmin wishes to patch the clusters, I think I will ask him to patch one cluster and then install the packages explicitly listed in the notes and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the suggestion. I am about ready to suggest we use SQL Server instead (ok, only kidding). Updates will be forthcoming.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Closson, Kevin A Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:44 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Question re CRS installation and Redhat Linux Versioning

NOTE: those are for 64-bit installs

...but Bill's system is a 32-bit system according to his uname output.

I was also confused by the various package names. I found, at least for us, that if you the query-format flag of rpm, you can tailor the output to better match what Oracle is looking for: rpm -qa --qf '%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n'

...this is indeed a helpful query--most essential on x86_64 installs.