11g Launch

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:50:06 -0700

Anyone else catch the presentation this morning? I caught some of it, but was on a conference call and getting the kids ready at the same time so I was in and out and only got brief notes. Besides, it was an executive-level presentation anyway so there wasn't a lot of detail given. Here are some very brief notes I was able to capture on the new features:

Data recovery advisor
2-3x Compression for all data types
Encrypt tablespace
Encrypted, compressed backups
Partitioning advisor & Automatic partitioning OLAP-based Materialized Views
Database Vault and Audit Vault
Total Recall - complete history of a row Data Guard

Did I miss anything exciting? Was there any detail given on the "Execution Plan Change Management" feature I've heard rumors of that I think is supposed to be replacing stored outlines as the method of implementing "plan stability"?