Re: VB Access to Oracle Database

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:52:14 +0100

Hi Sanjay

"database does not exist" is not an Oracle error. It looks like an application developers exception handling message to me which is masking the underlying error.

It might well be worth running

select username,service_name from v$session;

once the vb app is successfully connected. That will tell you what service the machine is using.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA