Re: Importing database issue

From: Andre van Winssen <dreveewee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:31:40 +0200

Hi Ann,
(below is a quick and dirty method but proven very helpful occasionally)

assuming you are talking about an 8i or 9i export file created with exp full=y you can use strings and grep utilities (of which there exist windows versions!) to extract the USER related sql statements. eg

 strings expdat.dmp|grep -i "create user"> creusers.sql strings expdat.dmp|grep -i "alter user" >> creusers.sql Then you can modify the creeusers.sql script as you like and run it.

importing with SHOW=Y might also help to find the statements that exp stuffed in the export file for recreating the users.

Hth,

Andre