RE: os cache vs. db cache

From: Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:16:48 -0500

I have to disagree on this one. I have been through the process several times of identifying the key tables, sizing the db_cache_size to include all those tables, and putting the tables in the cache, and watching the performance improve, often dramatically. Even with very large tables. Admittedly you have to have the memory to burn, but its pretty much a direct relationship, the larger the cache you have the better the performance.

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.  The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.