Re: os cache vs. db cache

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:04:44 -0400

Chris,

I suspect we've got a mix; some of the processes may be (accidentally) well served by the current settings, while others are not. Plus we've got some odd schema combinations sharing instances so I may need to move a few things around before I can test, much less make any changes. Typical stuff I imagine for systems that have been hanging around for a while.

We're getting ready to go through another round of database and application upgrades and new servers are coming in, so if I can figure out what I want to try, I have a reasonable chance of getting to at least test it while we've got extra environments running.

cheers ... Robyn