RE: ORA-4031 (10.1.0.5 on solaris)

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:33:13 +1000

Hi Ujang

Gee you get all the good ones to work out.

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/resizing-the-sga/ has some comment about the use of SGA_TARGET
The following metalink notes may assist you in identifying if you are able to get it to work or if you need to find a suitable value for a fixed SGA

Note:396940.1, Note:62143.1, and Note:146599.1 might all help you to find the cause of this, whether it is a problem with the application or 4GB is too small. I am suspecting that it is an application design issue that you will find, probably not reusing code effectively, may not use binds effectively

HTH Cheers

Peter