Pre-abort memory structures not flushed (WAS: "Shutdown Abort")

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:26:02 -0500 (CDT)

One thing I noticed that's usually left out of the "abort" threads is a list of what memory structures that aren't flushed to disk. Not everyone uses them, but as some do, it should at least be noted so that a DBA can make an informed decision as to use "fast" or "slow" shutdowns (I like those monikers!).

One that comes to mind is the flush to SYS.MON_MODS$ (yes, even with it's flaws, I still use it via DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS). This can be manually accomplished via a call to dbms_stats.flush_database_monitoring_info() before the abort, however.

Any others that folks can think of that aren't flushed? The (awful) WRH$_SEG_STAT info? I'm not necessarily debating the use/non-use of ABORT
-- I just want a more complete picture.

TIA!
Rich

--