Re: Java in Stored Procs

From: Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:09:04 -0400

Don,

Why do they think that java has more to do with code reuse than PL/SQL?...

Can you clarify this? Are they see code reuse as "we would write this once and then run it against any database vendor" (won't happen)?

All we have here is a language from the one side and .... a language from the other. One (PL/SQL) is just infinitely more suited for working with data inside a database (that's why PL/SQL exists in the first place).

--
Alex Fatkulin, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alexf/