Re: file size for a large database

From: Alex Gorbachev <ag_at_oracloid.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:48:32 -0400

Heh... true.
Few days ago with one of the customers we hit the bug with 8.1.7 on windows. Apparently, you shouldn't make your datafiles sized in multiples of 4 GB. It reports block corruption later. I repeat - it's only valid for 8.1.7 so I bet that this new roll out is higher than that. :)

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://blog.oracloid.com