file size for a large database

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:34:20 -0500

Hi all:

I am building a database which will grow to 2.5 or 3 Tb. I am wondering what is a realistic file size I should be using. One of my tablespaces will be about 1.5Tb. I don't want to have too many files, but I don't want to have the datafiles that are too big. I don't know however how big is too big. Does anyone have any guidelines or documents for that?
Any experience with this? My filesystems are 130G so I can create fairly large files.

thank you

Gene Gurevich