Standard Edition standby database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:50:41 -0600

RHEL4, Standard Edition 9.2.0.8

Can anyone point me to a good document for setting up a standby database for Standard Edition? I'm specifically looking for something that will tell me how to put in managed recovery mode. Is that even possible with SE?

I've read the Oracle docs, but they assume you can use LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n, which isn't available in SE. I've got my standby database running and I can recover manually, but I would prefer to use managed recovery.

Sandy