RE: [SPAM] RE: [QUAR] RE: What are the common mistakes DBA doretarding backup & Recovery?

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:10:18 -0400

Restoring is easier if you ask me, or makes no difference at all. But backing up the redo logs as some kind of important point, is trivial. The logs are so small compared to the datafiles, that it really is a mute point.

Put them back with the rest and start up the database. No big deal. Or don't put them back, in which case you do a resetlogs (could be wrong on the resetlogs since I always put them back. But I'll try it next time without them).

My unpack scripts are automated, and believe me, the redo logs are the least of my worries as far as wasted time and space, or effort. They are copied, unzipped whatever in a flash.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546