Re: What are the common mistakes DBA do retarding backup & Recovery?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:15:22 +0300

I haven't used the split mirror technology. But, I love to use RMAN and I have no hesitation recommending people to use RMAN because of the following advantages with RMAN:

Incremental Backups (Change Tracking)
Compressed backups
Encrypted backups
Easy maintenance

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."