RE: RMAN error (ORA-19502)

From: Andrey Goryunov <goryunov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:46:01 +1030

Hi,

good news:
after decrease in number of channels down to 4, the backup finished successfully!

Regards,
Andrey Goryunov.

From: goryunov_at_hotmail.comTo: a.piesk_at_gmx.net; oracle-l_at_freelists.orgSubject: RE: RMAN error (ORA-19502)Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:39:59 +1030

Yes, it always the same channel. I have not checked the backup with decreased number of channels yet - will try and let you know. Regards,Andrey Goryunov> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:58:44 +0200> From: a.piesk@gmx.net> To: oracle-l@freelists.org> Subject: Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)> > Syed Jaffar Hussain schrieb:> > > > The server has 4 databases running on it.> > Other three databases RMAN backup works fine.> > Surprisingly, archive logs backup is okay, single datafile or set of > > tables, single tablespace or set of tablespaces backup also run without > > any problems. The problem comes when trying to backup complete database.> > > > does always the same channel reports the error? does the same happens > when you decrease the number of channels?> > as i had my little firewall problem i monitored the network connections > with 'netstat' to see when exactly the network connections were > terminated. helped me a lot to pin down the cause of the problem.> > > regards,> -ap> --> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l> >

Discover the new Windows Vista