RE: Oracle CBO question

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:28:03 -0600

It's funny how sometimes on Oracle-L the answers to a question like this comes before the actual question!! :-) Often I'm like... ok, what was the question?

Cheers and happy 4th!!

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! Sig V1.1

  Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com said...
  I have received a question from a consultant developer - below. Can anyone answer?

  I was once told that the CBO can only handle a certain number of tables in a query (16 iirc). Do you know what the CBO does when there are more? Try to optimize based on knowledge of the first 16 tables in the Where clause?