RE: What are the common mistakes DBA do retarding backup & Recovery?

From: Randy Johnson <randyjo_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:45:54 -0500

Putting it in and knowing how to backup but not knowing how to use it to recover.

Also, I would think the "backup database" command might be misleading to most DBA's. It does not do a "switch logfiles" for you at the end of your backup. Better to use command "backup database plus archivelog [all] [delete input]". Or just know that you must "switch logfile" at the end to flush remaining transactions out of your redo log files.

Randy Johnson
Sr. Technical Consultant
Enkitec, LLP

Office ..... 817-255-3580