Re: adding new node on windows (Oracle 10g R2 RAC)

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:15:06 +0200

Syed Jaffar Hussain schrieb:
> List,
>
> I would like to add a new node to an existing 2 node RAC system.
>
> Oracle database 10gR2.
>
> Any reference would be highly appreciated.

the procedure is explained in

OracleŽ Database Oracle Clusterware and Oracle Real Application Clusters Administration and Deployment Guide, ch. 10 (UNIX) or 11 (windows).

it's very easy. a bug in 11gbeta let DBCA fail while adding an instance, maybe the bug is in 10gR2 too. in 11gbeta DBCA needs some java classes from the enterprise manager console. i usually don't install dbconsole, so i hit the bug. if you have some problems with DBCA while adding the instance, just check if dbconsole is installed.

regards,
-ap