RE: import from Oracle 9 to 10 hanging SOLVED

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 20:39:39 +0200

First of all, I'd like to thank Joel Patterson,Stefan Knecht and Dennis Williams for their responses.

The import problem vanished after applying Oracle patch 5337014. Now I'm running RDBMS version 10.2.0.3.

Dennis Williams was right: "...exported using 9i using the EXP utility (rather than imp utility)", sorry for my mistake. BTW I used the strings exp.dmp trick before, but in this case I needed the data too. I even tried to "precreate" the objects in the targed database, but when importing the data the hang reappeared again :(

I did not export/import any SYS or SYSTEM objects, the exported users were "normal" users, import parameters were: fromuser=x touser=x (x was the exported user). The imports were executed one after one, each by a separate session, but their order did'nt seem to have any influence on the problem.

Searching Google did not give any relevant hints for my problem, the only "unusual" thing I can think of, is that the user whose import was hanging had a rather big view with lots of joined tables and inline views (compiling the view took pretty much time on Oracle 9 compared to other views).

The executed SQL at the point where the import started to hang showed only SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION.reset_exp_opq_typ_event.

But anyway, it works now.

Thanks again for your constructive contributions,

Andreas