Re: Book recommendations

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:09:40 -0700

Binh,

> Oracle Wait Interface: A Practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning
> (Osborne ORACLE Press Series) by Richmond Shee

I was one of the five tech-editors for this book. As Jared mentioned, this will cover the essentials of the Wait interface and does it extremely well. I cannot comment on the second one. However... (and this is a plug), you might want to look at the "Oracle Database 10g Insider Solutions". We deal exclusively with 10g and since we assume that you already know your Oracle databases well, we jump straight into the meat of the matter. You will find favorable 5 star ratings so I suppose we did a good job of it. We covered 10gR2 as an end note in the chapters as it was just being announced at that time.

Regards,

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc