Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4412] (ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail)

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:10:13 -0400

Okay, it's a little hokey, but why don't you just create a procedure/package to check the number of records in the table. If it gets over something like 40,000, do something like "create table as select *" or have an archive table to which you write the records. In any case, when the create/copy piece is done, you're going to have to check the last record written (since you say your environment is pretty dynamic) and delete all the records in sys.aud$ up to that point.

Schedule the procedure as a job (database or cron). If you run a create daily, you could schedule a drop of the oldest table at the same time, so you'd alway have x days available. If you have one big archive table, you can schedule a delete from the archive in the same procedure so you always keep x days avaialable.