Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4412] (ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail)

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:54:09 -0700 (PDT)

If this is an issue with fiduciary requirements, I'd open an SR with Oracle and insist that they fix it with a patch.

RF

> Hi,
>

> This problem pertains to Oracle 10.2.0.3, Solaris
> 2.9 running on an E15K
> domain. Many of our 10.2.0.3 databases see frequent
> errors while trying
> to write to audit...
>

> Thu Jun 14 10:36:39 2007
> Errors in file

/app/oracle/admin/enip12/trace/udump/enip12_ora_247229.trc:
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4412],
> [0x3C5FDB348],
> [0x3C5F9E2E8], [], [], [], [], []
> ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 3
> ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4412],
> [0x3C5FDB348],
> [0x3C5F9E2E8], [], [], [], [], []
>

> There is a bug report in metalink (5592308) with no
> solution but the
> following suggested workarounds...
>

> 1. Turn off auditing.
> 2. Keep sys.aud$ table below 50,000 records.
>

> Neither of these "solutions" is any good for us due
> to legal
> requirements to have auditing turned on and the high
> level of activity
> on the database making it difficult if not
> impossible to keep sys.aud$
> below 50,000 records. This is a production database
> and we have a
> TAR/SR on the issue that has been open since 31-MAY.
> Oracle wants us to
> supply scripts and data to them so that they can
> recreate the issue and
> even though we supplied an export taken when the
> condition occurred (at
> Oracle's request) they have not been successful in
> recreating the issue
> (no surprise to me). Needless to say we are less
> than happy with the
> situation which has been giving us problems for over
> a month.
>
> So, has anyone seen the issue? Any solutions? Is
> there some event
> tracing that I could use that would shed some light
> on this?
>

> Thanks,
> Ken.
>

> Database Services - Infrastructure, Platform and
> Systems Engineering
> Worldwide Technology Engineering
> Phone: (860) 686-1749
>

> LEGAL NOTICE
> Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is
> confidential and may be privileged. It is intended
> for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by
> anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an
> addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents
> of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
> reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.
> If you are not an addressee, please inform the
> sender immediately.

Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Now Available for Pre-Sales on Amazon.com!!!!

Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)