DBWR process Vs ASM Redundancy

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:07:31 +0300

List,

We have created a ASM diskgroup with normal redudancy, (MAINGP) with two failure groups (DATA1,DATA2).

We are bit confused with two different answers from two different people about writing behavior.

Our question was, "when DBWR wants to write the data to the disk, does it waits until it complete the writing process on the both groups? OR DBWR completes one write and return, then, ASM replicates the to the failure group?"

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."