Re: xplan bug with Jonathan Lewis Computing Index?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:44:49 +0100

This looks like a typical use of the 5% selectivity for a predicate involving an inequality with an unknown or in a join. See, for example the filter subquery selectivity at:

      http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/11/08/subquery-selectivity/

Disclaimer - it's only a piece of SQL I created a long time ago (there's a little of the history here:

    http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/hit_ratios.html

I didn't invent the name JLOCI.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis