RE: Slightly off topic - Anyone else notice spam increases when posting here?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:30:49 -0400

yep - like it or not and despite any and all valiant efforts of list administration, folks in the spam industry target technical lists on the off chance we might be gainfully employed.

Lots of folks use a dedicated gmail or other freemail account for each listserver to which they subscribe. I wish I had.

If you do that, then it's a decent presumption to spam block everything except oracle-l from that mail account. (Make sure you let admin through too, though.)