RE: Query Database while shutdown in progress

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:28:45 -0400

Good page. Just don't like being adamant if I am not very sure.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:46 PM
To: Patterson, Joel
Cc: andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com; robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Query Database while shutdown in progress

On 6/27/07, Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com> wrote:

        However, (Not from Oracle), I have heard oracle has gotten a lot better with abort - as in not as dangerous or fearsome. I just like synchronizing all the file headers etc.... Does killing the session stop the rollback? If not, then monitoring the alert log for the offending user is nice but doesn't save very many minutes.

See http://www.speakeasy.org/~jwilton/oracle/shutdown-abort-bad.html

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 08:28:45 CDT