Re: Impact on running rman

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:59:01 -0700

On 6/26/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh RATE is SOOOO 9i!! :-)
>
> This is a 10g database so be looking at the *duration* parameter instead!!
> Talk all about this in chapter 16 of the 10g RMAN Book!!

I suppose there are circumstances where you might choose DURATION.

RATE however will ensure that your backups will finish, however slowly.

DURATION will interrupt and discard a backup that does not complete within the specified window.
Personally I can't think of a situation where I would want to do that.

Why would you use it?

--
Jared Still